80g caster sugar
1 tsp sea salt
170g cold butter, cubed
125ml ice water (use as needed)
8-10 granny smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp sugar, plus 1 tbsp for sprinkling
85g apricot preserves
1 tbsp whiskey or rum
85g butter, melted
- In the bowl of a food processor, add flour, sea salt, and sugar and pulse together, then gradually add the butter, then the ice water until dough comes together. Wrap the dough in If You Care Parchment Paper or Waxed Paper and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190°C, 170°C fan or Gas mark 5.
- Line a large rimmed baking tray with If You Care Parchment Paper. Using (clean) hands, spread out the dough onto the Parchment Paper until it is completely covered up the edges of the tray.
- Toss the sliced apples with lemon and sugar and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the apricot preserves and whisky, then spread all over the crust.
- Add apples to the crust in a vertical pattern (or get creative and do your thang!), then brush with melted butter and sprinkle remaining sugar over top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the edges of the apples begin to brown.
- Serve warm or cold and enjoy!