1 bunch carrots
1 shallot, thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
225g plain yogurt
1 tsp cumin, plus 1 tsp for carrots
3 tbsp olive oil
1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted
100g goat cheese, plus more for sprinkling
1 egg whisked, plus 1 tbsp water
Hot honey, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 200°C , 180°C fan or Gas Mark 6.
- Place carrots and shallots on a baking tray lined with If You Care Parchment Paper, then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30-35 minutes, until edges are crisp and browned, then set aside.
- Turn oven down to 170°C , 150°C fan or Gas Mark 3.
- While carrots are roasting, stir together yogurt, cumin and olive oil. Add a little salt and pepper to taste, then set aside.
- Unroll puff pastry onto a baking tray lined with If You Care Parchment Paper (you can use the same baking sheet and even the same sheet of Parchment Paper as the carrots). Cut a thin line about ½ the depth of the pastry dough all around the edges to form a crust.
- Brush yogurt mixture within the crust of the pastry dough, pushing it down and creating a base.
- Add carrots in a linear pattern (if you’d like) on top of the yogurt, sprinkle with goat cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
- Carefully brush egg wash over the tart and edges, then bake for another 15 minutes or until browned and glistening.
- Drizzle with hot honey, slice, serve and enjoy!
Tip: This recipe is super easy to adapt to and many ingredients can be swapped out to fit all different kinds of lifestyles. For a vegan tart, make sure you have a vegan puffed pastry, switch plain yogurt to nut based yogurt, fill in your favorite vegan cheese for the goat cheese and just omit the egg wash.