If you’ve got a sweet tooth when it comes to your salads, then this fruity blackberry and beetroot salad with creamy goat cheese is for you. We pair zesty rocket with a red wine vinaigrette that is going to become a house-staple, we guarantee it! Hunks of goats cheese and warm roasted beetroot (that doesn’t stick to the baking sheet!) tie the whole thing together. Give the simple recipe a shot today!
70-80g packet of rocket
2 small beetroot, 1 regular (purple) and 1 golden
290g blackberries, rinsed and patted dry
115g goat cheese, crumbled
60ml extra-virgin olive oil (plus more, for roasting beetroot)
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp flaky sea salt (plus more, for roasting beetroot)
½ tsp black pepper (plus more, for roasting beetroot)
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp Dijon mustard
If You Care Parchment Baking Paper
- Preheat your oven to 180°C , 160°C fan or Gas Mark 4.
- Line abaking tray with If You Care Parchment Baking Paper.
- Wash and peel beetroot (we wear If You Care Household Gloves) then cut them into small cubes. Toss (individually,so the color doesn’t bleed) with a spoon of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour out beetroot on baking tray and roast until tender, about 25 minutes.
- While the beetroots roast, make your dressingby whisking together red wine vinegar, maple syrup and Dijon with salt and pepper (the measurements listed). Slowly stream in ¼ cup olive oil and whisk vigorously, until emulsified. Set aside.
- Take out your favorite platter and gently place rocketTop rocket with blackberries (make sure they are really dry) and crumbled goat cheese.
- When the beets are tender, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 Place them on top of the rocket.
- Pour dressing over the entire salad.