½ loaf day old bread
8 baby courgettes, halved
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
1 meyer lemon (tip : If you can’t find a meyer lemon we recommend using the juice of ½ a lemon and ½ an orange)
60ml olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic
1tbsp fresh thyme
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 180°C fan or Gas Mark 6
- Slice the bread into cubes then place on a If You Care Parchment Paper lined baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, place bread cubes in a food processor and pulse until the size of grains of rice.
- Halve the courgettes, then place in a bowl and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil, then set aside.
- Place another sheet of If You Care Parchment Paper on a baking tray, then set aside.
- Mix together breadcrumbs, garlic, parmesan, and salt and pepper then dip courgettes and place each piece flesh side up on the Parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make dip by whisking together juice of 1 lemon, 1 meyer lemon (or the juice from 1/2 a lemon and ½ and orange), olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Serve courgettes immediately with dip!