450g baby aubergines
125g full-fat plain yogurt
45g pomegranate seeds
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
½ tsp sumac
½ tsp Aleppo pepper (if you can’t find Aleppo pepper, use 1/8tsp cayenne pepper and 1/8tsp sweet paprika)
If You Care Parchment Baking Paper
- Preheat your oven to 230°C, 210°C Fan or Gas Mark 8
- Line a baking tray with If You Care Parchment Baking Paper.
- Slice aubergines in half, then place into a large bowl.
- Drizzle aubergines generously with 4 tbsp olive oil and add salt and pepper.
- Pour aubergines out onto a large roasting tin , being careful not to overcrowd the pan. You want space between each piece of aubergine so that it roasts. Otherwise, it will steam and be soggy.
- Roast aubergines for 15 minutes, then flip. Cook for another 10-15 minutes until tender and golden brown.
- Spread yogurt onto the bottom of your serving platter. Place aubergines on top.
- Top with pomegranate seeds, sumac and Aleppo pepper. Enjoy!