2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
280g mozzarella, shredded
170g full-fat ricotta cheese
½ bunch of dill, stems removed, chopped
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp pepper
If You Care Parchment Baking Paper
- Preheat your oven to 200°C or 180°C fan or Gas Mark 6
- Line a baking tray with If You Care Parchment Baking Paper.
- Roll out each sheet of puff pastry to completely fill the pan, then layer one on the bottom, and set one aside on another piece of parchment so it doesn’t stick.
- Place the puff pastry back in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, combine mozzarella, ricotta, dill, 3 eggs, salt and pepper.
- Remove the puff pastry from the fridge and spread filling on the bottom sheet.
- Cover with the second sheet of puff-pastry and crimp edges to completely seal.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining egg to use as an egg wash.
- Brush the top of the puff pastry with egg wash.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden. If any spots begin to brown too fast, cover the puff pastry loosely with a piece of aluminum foil to finish baking.
- When the pastry is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes before slicing into 9-12 even squares.